Cube - SL Pro
The CUBE SL Road Pro is a high performance, great value bike for riders who value both speed and simplicity. There's nothing here that you don't need, but everything that you do - including powerful hydraulic disc brakes for safe stopping in any weather and Shimano's reliable, slick-shifting 20-speed Tiagra gear system. Featuring a wide gear range and Shimano's legendary ease of use, the right gear for even the steepest of climbs is only a click away.
The heart of the CUBE SL Road Pro is a light, stiff chassis created from double butted aluminium tubes. The frame's inherent rigidity and low weight help convert energy at the pedals into efficient forward propulsion... which means speed! The matching aluminium fork is a perfect fit for the frame, featuring a tapered steerer for maximum steering precision. And, in keeping with the bike's minimalist appeal, CUBE have routed cables internally for a cleaner appearance and improved gear shifting performance with minimal maintenance.
- Aluminium Superlite - Extremely high tensile strength heat-treated 6061 aluminium alloy is developed for the highest requirements. It is very stiff, fatigue resistant, corrosion resistant and has high elongation. CUBE Superlite tubes are double butted, giving very light tubesets with a high level of stiffness.
- Advanced Mechanical Forming - With the Advanced Mechanical Forming technology CUBE can mechanically transform different frame tubes and thus optimize them without material-wearing welding work for the respective requirements. Along the obtained organic look, the production method is primarily motivated by functional reasons. Multiple converted tubes enable CUBE to manufacture lighter and also stiffer aluminum frames.
- Smooth Welded - This elaborate procedure with doubled weld seams has two advantages: On the one hand, it improves the firmness of the weld seams and minimizes the load peaks on the tube welds through energy flow and on the other hand, it helps the frame to a better and more organic look due to the smooth and hardly noticeable welds.
- Easy Mount Kickstand - The Easy Mount Kick Stand is a new system developed and designed by CUBE. The base of the stand is mounted from below to a fitting plate integrated to the frame and fixed with a through bolt. This kick stand is extremely stiff and solid through the enlarged contact areas between base and frame which gives a stable stand even with loaded panniers.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. CUBE use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.