Cube - CROSS HYBRID SL 500 Allroad
The pinnacle of the Cross Hybrid range!
The CUBE Cross Hybrid SL Allroad is the pinnacle of the versatile Cross Hybrid range. CUBE's designers wanted a Bosch e-bike that cut no corners in its pursuit of the ideal blend of comfort, safety and performance. So, taking their inspiration from the CUBE e-MTB range, they applied the same principles - sleek lines, brilliant handling, no-compromise function - to come up with the bike you see here. But the SL tag doesn't just denote a great frame; it's also about the all-round experience. That's why CUBE selected a range of top-drawer components. From the wide-ranging 11-speed Shimano XT gears to the powerful hydraulic disc brakes - 4 piston at the front and 2 piston at the rear - and smooth, air sprung RockShox Paragon Gold fork with black stanchions, every part is designed to make riding a pleasure. Throw in the full mudguards, lighting system and kickstand and it all adds up to a no-compromise, ultra-reliable and incredibly versatile hybrid. CUBE are confident it'll slot right into your busy lifestyle just perfectly. Which leaves only one question: where will you ride tomorrow?
The CUBE engineering team has long experience of working with the specific demands of Bosch's superb drive system. The sleek lines of the Cross Hybrid SL Allroad aren't just about form; they're about function too. The incredibly strong gravity cast down tube houses both the PowerTube battery and the powerful Bosch CX drive unit. It's gentle on the eye but it's practical, too, providing a very rigid backbone that's at the heart of this bike's superbly confidence-inspiring handling. The battery can be charged in situ if you prefer and there's also room for a pair of bottle cage mounts to make it easier for you to stay hydrated even on your longer rides. Just as CUBE do with all their frames, they have put this one through their fastidious in-house testing process to ensure its safety, and little touches like the internally routed cables even help reduce the need for maintenance. It's all aimed at one simple goal: to make your riding more pleasurable.
- Aluminium Superlite - Extremely high tensile strength heat-treated 6061 aluminium alloy is developed for the highest requirements. It is very stiff, fatigue resistant, corrosion resistant and has high elongation. CUBE Superlite tubes are double butted, giving very light tubesets with a high level of stiffness.
- Gravity Casting - Gravity Casting takes the development of high-end aluminium frames to the next level. The advanced construction process – involving several post-production steps – molds liquid aluminium into highly complex frame sections. The motor, cover, battery mount and cable routing combine to form a single module that is always tailored exactly to the bike's intended use. Die casting technology now means that components can be virtually fully integrated into a structure that is specially designed to cope with stress on specific load points and look good at the same time.
- Smooth Welded - This elaborate procedure with doubled weld seams has two advantages: On the one hand, it improves the firmness of the weld seams and minimizes the load peaks on the tube welds through energy flow and on the other hand, it helps the frame to a better and more organic look due to the smooth and hardly noticeable welds.
- Efficient Comfort Geometry - With CUBE's specially designed Efficient Comfort Geometry, long distances can be covered easily. Trips with the family, tours with friends or a journey of months - explore the world and life in a new way with the CUBE travel series geometry.
- Optimal Drive Position - The engine is the critical part of an E-bike because of its weight and its junction to the regular drivetrain. These factors present a real challenge for the frame design. This is why CUBE developed an innovative new frame construction for the new E-bike generation: simultaneously being the cradle for the electric motor, the pivot for the rear link and the seat of the shock eyelet, the very complex area of the bottom bracket is made of two forged halves. The groove in the front section together with the specially formed downtube is home for the power pack which in this way has a very low position in the frame triangle. The positive outcome is an extremely low center of gravity supporting an agile riding characteristic while achieving a super rigid bottom bracket area.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Frame Safe System - To protect CUBE's high-end aluminium frames from damage, they are built with the CUBE Frame Safe System replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced by a new one.
- StVZO - CUBE Bikes with this labeling fulfill all legal requirements and meet all safety demands according to the StVZO German Road Traffic Licensing Regulations. Lighting systems and reflectors mounted are tested and certified accordingly. These bikes take into account every security-related detail to guarantee safe and relaxed mobility in traffic.
- Easy Mount Kickstand - The Easy Mount Kick Stand is a new system developed and designed by CUBE. The base of the stand is mounted from below to a fitting plate integrated to the frame and fixed with a through bolt. This kick stand is extremely stiff and solid through the enlarged contact areas between base and frame which gives a stable stand even with loaded panniers.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. CUBE use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.