Specialized - Chisel Expert Hardtail MTB
XC MTB race performance. The Specialized Chisel Expert is a hardtail 29er that is built for speed on the climbs as well as the descents. Offering a great entry into the world of competitive cross-country mountain bike racing the Chisel Expert takes aluminium frame technology to the next level. With a more relaxed XC geometry the Chisel delivers a confident ride on the descents as well as giving you an efficient climbing position. With the massive 500% gear range offered by the 1x12 speed SRAM Eagle drivetrain you can take on the most challenging tracks.
- D’Aluisio Smartweld aluminium alloy frame with XC trail geometry
- RockShox Reba RL 29 fork for 100mm (90mm on size S) of refined suspension travel
- SRAM NX Eagle 1x12 speed drivetrain for a massive 500% gear range
- SRAM Level T hydraulic disc brakes for powerful speed control
- Stout XC 29” wheels for rapid rolling performance
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, X Large
- Colour: Gloss Story Grey/Rocket Red
- The Specialized Chisel Expert is available with 0% APR finance
Specialized Chisel Review
Often times, carbon gets all of the attention, but as our Senior Advanced R&D Engineer, Chuck Teixeira, says, "If you haven't ridden an aluminium bike lately, you haven't ridden an aluminium bike." And with its D'Aluisio Smartweld frame, the Chisel Expert with two-by gearing is no exception.
Traditional welding methods create frame joints by connecting tubes to cylinders, leaving the performance and security of the connection up to the skill of the welder. D'Aluisio (DSW), however, allows us to move the joint away from the area of the highest stress, making for a lighter frameset that's stiff, compliant, and incredibly strong—the optimal characteristics of a hardtail XC rig. So what does this mean for you? You'll be powering up climbs, shredding singletrack, and everything in between on a bike that has you questioning why alloy's gotten such a bad rap.
And to further improve this feel, the Chisel also features our XC geometry, which took our previous XC race geo and added some trail DNA to the mix. This equates to a longer top tube, a shortened head tube, and a slacked out front-end, the result of which is a tremendous increase in downhill stability, plus a wider range of fit. And just as importantly, this doesn't require any sacrifice of climbing proficiency.
The build on this Chisel features a SRAM NX Eagle 12-speed drivetrain, powerful SRAM Level TL hydraulic disc brakes, and 25-millimetre-wide alloy wheels that are optimized for weight and traction.
- Given its lightweight and ultra-stiff characteristics, M5 aluminium was the natural choice for the frame's construction. And when complemented with our speed-focused XC 29 Geometry, D'Aluisio Smartweld technology, and internal cable routing, you get a bike that compromises nothing in delivering explosive speed, confident handling, and hassle-free maintenance.
- A custom RockShox Reba RL 29 fork offers up 90/100mm of smooth travel (size-specific), while an easily accessible compression and rebound adjusts permit you to customize the feel according to the terrain at hand.
- SRAM's 12-speed NX Eagle groupset, with its 11-50t cassette, provides a wide gear range that lets you spin up the climbs, yet have plenty of top end for the descents. One-by setups also decrease weight and make it next to impossible to drop a chain.
All Tredz bikes are:
- Fully built & ready to ride
- Fully checked & tested by Cytech qualified mechanics
- Available with 0% APR finance (up to 48 months) on any basket over £99
- UK price match guarantee
- 365 day no hassle returns
- Free delivery in the UK Mainland on a date that suits you
In the box with every Tredz bike is:
- Free Tredz 9 key trail tool
- Free Tredz pedal spanner
- Free basic pedals
- Tredz drawstring kit bag
- 16 point quality control check sheet
- Basic bike setup instructions
- Free Cycle Plan insurance voucher (8 weeks)
Occasionally without notice, manufacturers sometimes change product specifications.