Cube - Reaction SL
Lightweight competition machine!
CUBE don't give a bike the SL tag lightly; it has to be earned. In the case of the Reaction SL it's your guarantee of a bike that'll transform any ride into a motion-blurred celebration of speed. Light, agile and equipped to take on any trail, CUBE have equipped it with a selection of light, reliable and adaptable components. The Fox 32 Rhythm fork serves up 100 mm of easily adjustable air sprung, oil damped travel to take the sting out of the t(r)ail. Shimano's peerless 2x11-speed XT transmission has the range to get you up any climb, and matching hydraulic disc brakes with a 180 mm front rotor ensure you have the power at your fingertips to keep your speed under control on the way back down. It's ready to rock. The question is, are you?
As with all CUBE frames, their engineers took their time and made sure to tick all the boxes with the Reaction SL. Mechanically formed, double butted 6061 aluminium tubes for low weight and superb acceleration and control? Check. Fully integrated, sealed bearing headset for long life, installed in a tapered head tube for accurate steering? Present and correct. Internal cable routing for all cables including a future upgrade to a Stealth dropper post? Of course. Put it all together with CUBE's Agile Ride Geometry for ride-by-wire nimbleness and it's a winning formula whether you're racing, going to work or just riding for fun. What more could you want?
- Aluminium Lite - 6061 aluminium alloy requires a heat treatment for the finished product. It is a stiff, very corrosion resistant, fatigue resistant, high-elongation material suitable for light tubesets with high stiffness.
- Advanced Mechanical Forming - With the Advanced Mechanical Forming technology CUBE can mechanically transform different frame tubes and thus optimize them without material-wearing welding work for the respective requirements. Along the obtained organic look, the production method is primarily motivated by functional reasons. Multiple converted tubes enable CUBE to manufacture lighter and also stiffer aluminum frames.
- Agile Ride Geometry - CUBE ran innumerable tests to develop the Agile Ride Geometry in CUBE's series of big wheel bikes. They also added the 27.5" wheel size to the very well received portfolio. Three important details lead to the very agile character. Increased fork offsets let CUBE achieve the same trail as their 26" bikes without having to steepen the head angle, thus maintaining generous toe clearance to the front wheel. Secondly they shortened the chain stays without compromising the seat angle. CUBE invented a patented construction to mount the front derailleur to give them more tire clearance while keeping a conventional seat angle, leading to a perfect riding position for every rider size. Last but not least they kept the BB height the same as on their 26" bikes. These measures lead to a natural riding position. Every mountain biker will feel immediately at home on a CUBE 29er or 27.5".
- Stealth Ready - Dropper seat posts are getting more and more widespread, but to integrate them optimally in the frame, they have to be factory fitted. With the Stealth Ready frames, it is possible to build in a dropper seat post with internally routed cables, which besides the clean look, helps prevent any cables getting jammed. The exit of the cable on the frame if not required will be sealed with a cover for protection.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. CUBE use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.