Cube - Aim SL Save: 26 %
The top model of the Aim series!
CUBE's range-topping Aim has earned its SL tag. With its high quality, lightweight and precise-handling aluminium chassis and blend of durable, reliable components, it's the perfect choice for aspiring mountain bikers looking to broaden their horizons. The 27-speed Shimano transmission gives you the gear range you need to tackle any climb, while powerful Shimano hydraulic disc brakes mean you're always in control of your speed on the way back down - and the Suntour suspension fork with remote lockout smooths the way ahead. It's all you need for exploring off the beaten track, whether it's an evening ride on your local trail or a longer weekend adventure out in the hills. And, with CUBE's Size Split system, you're sure to be able to find the perfect fit.
Keen riders want a bike that'll respond quickly, safely and intuitively. That's why CUBE's engineers designed complex profile top and down tubes, made using their Advanced Mechanical Forming process out of 6061 aluminium. They combine to make a lightweight, rigid backbone for precise steering and effortless acceleration, while CUBE's Agile Ride Geometry ensures a ride that's stable when you need it and inspiringly nimble when you want it. New for 2019, their design team has also reworked the rack and mudguard mounting points to allow quick, easy and seamlessly elegant attachment of these accessories to convert your Aim SL into a weekend tourer and weekday commuter. With internally routed cables for cleaner gear shifts and reduced maintenance, it's all part of the attention to detail that makes the CUBE Aim SL a compelling blend of comfort, liveliness and practicality.
- Advanced Mechanical Forming - With the Advanced Mechanical Forming technology CUBE can mechanically transform different frame tubes and thus optimize them without material-wearing welding work for the respective requirements. Along the obtained organic look, the production method is primarily motivated by functional reasons. Multiple converted tubes enable CUBE to manufacture lighter and also stiffer aluminum frames.
- Agile Ride Geometry - CUBE ran innumerable tests to develop the Agile Ride Geometry in CUBE's series of big wheel bikes. They also added the 27.5" wheel size to the very well received portfolio. Three important details lead to the very agile character. Increased fork offsets let CUBE achieve the same trail as their 26" bikes without having to steepen the head angle, thus maintaining generous toe clearance to the front wheel. Secondly they shortened the chain stays without compromising the seat angle. CUBE invented a patented construction to mount the front derailleur to give them more tire clearance while keeping a conventional seat angle, leading to a perfect riding position for every rider size. Last but not least they kept the BB height the same as on their 26" bikes. These measures lead to a natural riding position. Every mountain biker will feel immediately at home on a CUBE 29er or 27.5".
- Aluminium Lite - 6061 aluminium alloy requires a heat treatment for the finished product. It is a stiff, very corrosion resistant, fatigue resistant, high-elongation material suitable for light tubesets with high stiffness.
- Easy Mount Kickstand - The Easy Mount Kick Stand is a new system developed and designed by CUBE. The base of the stand is mounted from below to a fitting plate integrated to the frame and fixed with a through bolt. This kick stand is extremely stiff and solid through the enlarged contact areas between base and frame which gives a stable stand even with loaded panniers.
- Frame Safe System - To protect CUBE's high-end aluminium frames from damage, they are built with the CUBE Frame Safe System replaceable derailleur hanger. The mounting thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced by a new one.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. CUBE use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.