Tacx - Neo 2T
The iconic, progressive and popular NEO 2 Smart is optimized into an even quieter and more powerful Smart direct drive. The motor is redesigned in order to provide a better indoor cycling experience and ride feel, especially during climbs and sprints. The NEO 2T Smart is more silent then ever thought possible and without question the most powerful, realistic and accurate bike trainer to date.
Improved Ride Feel:
More motor power resulted in a better ride feel during climbs and sprints.
Improved Axle Compatibility:
Directly compatible with 135×10, 142×12 and 148×12 mm axles.
Significant reduction of noise from air displacements or vibrations. By redesigning the magnets, we significantly improved the stillness of the NEO 2T. The noise coming from internal air displacements is reduced as well as vibrations noticed at a low cadence, that were being transferred to the floor. Resulting in a more silent Smart trainer then ever thought possible.
Powerful Climbs and Sprints:
The new motor design of the NEO 2T also improves the ride feel during a climb or acceleration. We were able to give the motor of the NEO 2T more power, resulting in the ability to generate higher resistance levels under specific conditions, like in a sprint or at low speeds.
Experience the vibrating sensation of riding on cobblestones, gravel an many other road surfaces. This immersive feature is unique to the NEO series and can be used in Tacx Films and Zwift.
At the top of a hill or mountain, there is always that exciting feeling of accelerating into a descent. Exactly that feeling is what this bike trainer gives you. The NEO 2T Smart accelerates in a descent.
Pedal Stroke Analysis:
The NEO 2 was already equipped with a capacitive left and right detection sensor that accurately measures the exact position of both your legs. By adding standard ANT+ Cycling dynamics, you can now analyse your pedal stroke via the software of third parties; for example on a Garmin Edge bike computer.
Stable Yet Flexible:
The design of the NEO 2T Smart allows a few degrees of movement to the left and right while cycling. Its frame follows the natural course of your body, bringing you a certain freedom of movement that improves the cycling feeling.
The Tacx NEO 2T Smart measures your power with incredible precision, making sure that your data is accurate and reliable. This Smart trainers is the only trainers that doesn’t require calibration process. This Smart trainer measures your power accurately within 1%.
Smooth Ride Feel:
The NEO 2T Smart is very responsive and reacts instantly to speed or incline changes. It also features Dynamic inertia which it compensates for weight, speed and angle of inclination to ensure the most realistic and smooth ride feel possible.
The NEO 2T Smart doesn’t require an external power source as it generates its own energy from your cycling movement. This direct drive trainer can easily be used anywhere you like. When connected to an external power source, the Descent simulation feature is enabled.
- Type of trainer: Interactive Smart direct drive with motor brake
- Magnets: 32 Neodymium magnets
- Transmission: None
- Electrical requirements: 110-240 Volt , Mains power optional
- Power indicator: Multicolour LED , Spot on floor
- Connection indicator (ANT/BT): 2 LEDs
- Firmware upgradable: Yes
- Suitable cassettes: Not suitable for Specialized SCS system , Shimano & SRAM: 8 - 12 speed. Campagnolo, SRAM XD and XD-R body sold separately
- Suitable axles: Width of rear fork: Race 130 mm, MTB 135 mm, 142 mm & 148 mm. Adapter for 135 x 10 mm available.
- Supplied with: Front wheel support , Quick release for road bikes and mountain bikes (5mm) , Direct drive quick release with adapter set 142x12mm & 148x12mm , 1 month Tacx Premium software
- Max. power (40 km/h): 2200 Watt
- Max. incline: 25%
- Simulation of descent: Yes
- Max. torque: 85 Nm
- Max. brake force: 250 N
- Flywheel: Virtual
- Mass inertia: Variable to 125kg (275.6lbs)
- Calibration: No calibration required
- Footprint: (lxw) 575 × 750 mm (22.6 × 29.5 in)
- Height: 550 mm (21.7 in)
- Dimensions when folded: 620 × 260 × 440 mm (24.4 × 10.2 × 17.3 in)
- Weight: 21.5 kg (47.3 lbs)
Data Output and Control:
- Wireless communication: ANT+ FE-C , Bluetooth Smart open
- Control by: ANT+FE-C bike computers , Connect to computer via ANT+antenna , Smartphone , Stand alone Tablet
- Output: Cadence , Power , Speed
- Read out on: Bike computer , Computer with ANT+ antenna , Smartphone , Sports watch , Tablet
- Accuracy: <1%
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.