Kinetic - R1 Direct Drive T-7000
At first glance, the roller trainer seems perfectly normal. Yet, it features a flexible rubber joint, which allows for free out-of-the-saddle pedalling and movement in bends. Experienced users of standard roller trainers might need some time getting used this, however, the Kinetic R1 Direct-Drive trainer will then reward you with an extremely realistic riding experience. Bike as well as rider can both move absolutely naturally. Almost as if on the road.
This does not only train your riding skills, balance and pedalling efficiency, yet it also makes training so much fun!
In order to best use the advantage of the swing system, we recommend the Kinetic Turntable Riser Ring front wheel support (prod. code 2299749). It lifts the front wheel from the ground and allows for natural handlebar movements, e.g. during a sprint.
Being a direct drive trainer, the R1 significantly reduces noise compared to a traditional, rear wheel based roller trainer. Moreover, it eliminates power loss due to a slipping rear wheel.
A built-in power meter measures your power in watts – with an accuracy of +/-3.0%. The massive Kinetic flywheel, with a weight of 6,3 kg, makes your training as realistic as if you were on the road. What’s more, the possibility to simulate climbs of up to 20% will enthuse even experienced competitive athletes.
The electronic, interactive resistance unit is either controlled by a PC (Windows/Mac) with a compatible software or wireless by an app on a smartphone or tablet, for example the proprietary Kinetic Fit training app (free Core subscription / fee-based Smart subscription).
However, most third-party provider apps like STRAVA, Zwift, TrainerRoad, Rouvy, Kinomap and FulGaz can be used for training control, too. In addition, the Kinetic R1 roller trainer can also send recorded data to compatible Garmin® devices, for example Garmin’s Edge 1030 bike computer (prod. code 2263925).
If your PC is not ANT+ compatible, we recommend Kinetic’s Extended Range ANT+ USB Dongle (prod. code 2299740).
• Interactive trainer with integrated swing system for movements as on the road
• Built-in power meter (accuracy +/-3.0%)
• Speed and cadence measurement
• Massive flywheel for a realistic ride
• Computer controlled resistance via ANT+ and Bluetooth (Wireless)
• Interaction with app, software, PCs, bike computers, tablets and smartphones (iOS or Android) via ANT+ (FE-C) and Bluetooth Smart and USB*
• Drivetrain: direct drive
• Resistance: electronically controlled
• Resistance levels: no levels
• Flywheel: 6.3 kg
• Max. simulated incline: 20%
• Max. braking power: approx. 2000 watts (at 48 km/h)
• Dimensions: approx. 85 cm x 53 cm (width x length)
• Folding dimensions: approx. 46 cm x 53 cm x 60 cm (width x length x height)
• Weight: approx. 24 kg
• SHIMANO HG 9/10/11-speed (MTB/Road)
• SRAM 9/10/11-speed (Road)
Rear axle compatibility:
• 130 x 5 mm quick release (road bike)
• 135 x 5 mm quick release (hybrid/MTB)
• 142 x 12 mm thru axle
• 148 x 12 mm thru axle (BOOST)
• For 26”-29” wheels
• Wired: USB port (with compatible software)*
• Wireless ANT+ (FE-C, power & speed & cadence)
• Wireless Bluetooth Smart (FTMS, power & speed & cadence)
In the box:
• 1x Kinetic R1 roller trainer with Shimano HG compatible freehub incl. power adapter
• Adapters for quick release and thru axle fixing
• 1 x free 6-month Smart access to Kinetic’s Fit training app
Optional freehub bodies for retrofitting to a different freehub standard:
• Kinetic freehub body SRAM XD/XDR incl. spacer for R1 roller trainer (prod. code 2299765)
• Kinetic freehub body Campagnolo for R1 roller trainer (prod. code 2299764)
• Kinetic Turntable Riser Ring front wheel support (prod. code 2299749)
• Kinetic Riser Ring front wheel support (prod. code 2299748)
• Kinetic Extended Range ANT+ USB Dongle (prod. code 2299740)
• Kinetic training mat (prod. code: 2299751)
USB functionality currently still without app support.