Assos - UMA GT Summer
A windproof and lightweight shell vest to preserve your core temperature when not in your pocket.
Embodying the essentials, this stripped-back, women’s-specific shell vest has a form-fitting construction that delivers the highest level of protection against the elements for a decent price. This sleeveless design consists of Foil Ultra textile, which has proven its worth in notable products from within Assos' year-round collection of shells, as well as deploying side panels using windproof Glossy for added comfort. The reworked dual layer collar construction improves elasticity and comfort while riding.
This tech-savvy engineering and construction share one purpose: to create a packable, ultra lightweight shell, which is equally at home tucked in your pocket or on your body. Turn those chilly descents and cool morning starts into moments that you embrace, as you rely on this vest to take the chill off.
Supremely packable, this vest is compact for storing in your pocket when not in use. Cut in a revised women’s Long Distance design, this invaluable piece has been tailored for churning out daily miles so it is ideal for those rides where you need sufficient protection, minimal volume and maximum performance. This shell will rightly become a staple for your riding.
When to use?
This piece has been designed to give you adequate protection during cooler moments on your ride. Even if the calendar says it is summer, we all face cool starts, chilly descents, or simply moments when the weather changes. The objective is to ensure this product is both high performing and ultra packable, so it fits perfectly in your jersey pocket when not in use. Assos had zip it over as an extra layer above a skinFoil baselayer and jersey.
Features of the UMA GT Wind Vest Summer
- Long Distance: A body-mapped performance fit that is a little less aggressive than the Aero Racing line. The best of both worlds, where wearability and speed converge.
- Foil Ultra: A windproof, water-repellent, ripstop, lightweight and hyper-stretch woven fabric.
- Glossy: This warp-knit windproof textile comes to the fore on the side panels to provide stretch and breathability.
- Stretch net: Deployed on the rear of the vest for increased ventilation and improved contouring while on the bike.
- Rustle-free: This piece of apparel has been designed to be as quiet as possible with a rustle-free fabric.
- DWR: As not every day comes with unbroken sunshine, Assos have treated this product to DWR (Durable Water Repellency) to protect you from rainfall.
- Full-length camLock zip: Slim, light zip for individually adjusting to the conditions.
- Visibility: The galaxyPink colourway elevates your visibility to other road users.
- ultra lightweight, ultra packable: As cyclists Assos understand the needs and restrictions that you face on every ride. With limited pocket space and a need to accommodate the essentials, they have diligently worked to create products with the lowest possible weight and great packability. As no one wants to feel like a packhorse on rides in changeable conditions, Assos have strived to strike the balance between weight, volume and performance. Assos' approach is always to craft pieces that will exceed expectations as your back-pocket insurance policy. This approach involves minimal volume and minimal seams.
Material 47% polyester, 37% polyamide, 16% elastane