Assos - Uma GT Summer
Lightweight summer tight: perfect for added protection against the sun, or as an option on chilly summer morning rides
This summer tight has been introduced as a result of feedback from Assos' sales network, where demand has called for a lightweight, highly breathable summer tight so you can have a bit more protection against the harshest sun on the hottest days. Taking the technology and fabrics used on the UMA shorts as the basis, the Assos engineers have used their tried-and-tested leg design to create a summer tight that give you opulent comfort without compromising freedom of movement. This comes from the form-fitting ‘bowling pin’ cut at the rear of the lower leg and the deployment of the reworked Long Distance body-mapping design.
For increased comfort they have used a combination of Assos proven fabrics: the decadent Type.439 Diadema features in the top part of these, giving you comfort and compression in equal measures; while for increased breathability in the legs fabric engineers have employed Push Pull fabric. Coming with a little more stretch, it generates freedom to pedal, which is perfect on those hot summer rides.
At the core of these tights is the sophisticated UMA insert that’ll provide excellent comfort on long rides. It comes with a slightly narrower cut at the front for ultra comfortable pedaling. From the morning spin to the coffee ride, the all-day adventure to the weekend group ride, these tights deliver sartorial approval, UV protection and superior saddle comfort.
When to use?
Top-notch for riders during summer, the UMA GT Summer Tights effortlessly deliver above-average ventilation and a supreme performance, making them a logical choice for the rider who does a lot of pedaling before the sun rises or in iffy climates. They are also your best friend on the hottest days and when the sun is at its strongest, thanks to their increased UV protection. Already a favorite with Assos' women testers, they know that these will soon become a go-to piece for your summer riding.
Features of the UMA GT Women's Half Tights
- Long Distance: A body-mapped performance fit that is a little less aggressive than the Aero Racing line. The best of both worlds, where wearability and speed converge.
- Female-specific cut: Anatomically mapped fit. Ensures the garment works in harmony with a woman’s body on the bike.
- Type.439 Diadema: To improve the performance as well as increase the durability of Assos' products, they have created these shorts using type.439 Diadema, a specific textile design created in collaboration with their fabric suppliers to meet the demands of performance, comfort and wear and tear. Unique within the industry, the weave has two different rates of 4-way stretch, which requires expertise to maximize the elasticity of the fabric on the cutting table. UPF 50+.
- Aerofit: Used on the waist, the Assos proprietary Aerofit fabric is an incredibly comfortable and soft warp-knit with a specific structure that works in favor of ventilation.
- Push Pull tex: Deployed on the rear of the legs, this comfortable and soft warp knit fabric adds breathability and contouring while providing the maximum comfort for unrestricted movement in or out of the saddle.
- UMA insert: Cut narrower at the front to reduce bulk and increase comfort, this reworked insert has been specifically constructed for female riders but employs all of the standard Assos S7 generation technology, featuring 8mm of memory foam for increased comfort.
- The Assos goldenGate technology within the insert interrupts the sewing in the area between the legs to create three-dimensional freedom of movement in the most sensitive area. This design has fewer seams, which results in reduced friction. This is a patent-protected feature that is central to the S7 generation of shorts.
- The Assos waffle was introduced on the S5 and has been further perfected for S7. Instead of using monolithic linear foam as the middle layer, S7 is equipped with a perforated foam resulting in a reduction in weight and increased breathability.
- odorControl: Assos have treated these summer tights with a highly durable antibacterial treatment.
Material 80% polyamide, 20% elastane