Northwave - Extreme Pro ( Save: 24 % )
Best energy transfer to the road bike pedal: with the Extreme Pro from Northwave
Of course the proven S.L.W. 2 closure system is also included. With the two side buttons, the shoe can be individually adjusted. The new upper, the next evolution of the X Frame System, offers an even better fit thanks to a new generation of microfibre composites. The material fits snugly to the foot, resulting in an even, tight fit. This leads to a high degree of stability and thus to a perfect connection between sole and closure system.
Features - Extreme
- Made from 100% unidirectional carbon, the PowerShape Carbon 15 sole features the exclusive Powershape® system on the arch of the foot that ensures 100% of rider power is transferred to the pedals without wasting any energy. With a stiffness index of 15.0, this is the new performance benchmark for road soles
- NW Speedplay adapter compatible for the lowest stack height between foot and pedal
- Made with the patented XFrame 2® construction, the upper transfers every watt of power while providing the snuggest, even fit with no pressure points. The double SLW2 dial differentiates the pressure between the top of the instep and the toe for even better adaptability
- Integrated heel system containing directional fibre prevents any slipping
- Pro Regular Fit footbed with a stiffened dual density design increases the power transfer
100% unidirectional carbon – the stiffest on the market – and a tubular-inspired design for maximum possible stiffness: every watt is precious, and now with Powershape® Carbon 15 you won’t lose a single one.
The Powershape® arch support’s patented shape has been developed to maximize the efficiency of your pedal stroke. The arch support avoids pressing hard on the sole during the downstroke, so your pedal stroke is smoother, round and – more importantly - effective. The result is an incredible response that instantly unleashes all your power but with ùno energy loss.
X Frame 2
The upper adapts perfectly to the shape of any foot to ensure the suggest fit and zero pressure points no matter what the conditions: the customized closure works in synergy with the sole for maximum power transfer to the pedals.
The shortest distance between foot and pedal on the market. Northwave developed and patented, in collaboration with Speedplay, an exclusive adaptor that provides maximum power transmission on pedals, thanks to the reduced thickness of just 0,5mm rather the 3mm of the traditional Speedplay adaptors. Made of nylon with a thin aluminum plate (it saves 8,5gr) it allows to respect the natural anatomy of the sole keeping minimized the distance between the foot and the pedal in any position. Without adding bulk and weight as it occurs in systems without the adaptor.
Maximum precision and usability. The side button offers dual functionality: press the button for micrometric release, or lift the button to instantly undo the shoe completely. The ergonomic shape of the ratchet base matches the shape of the foot for added comfort, while the size and minimized weight plus the outer soft-touch covering make it easier and better to grip. It features wires that harness the best technologies used in sailing, and can be easily replaced using the spare parts kit.