Few riders head out on their bike without a windproof shell. They’re a staple part of your riding arsenal, whatever the time of year. We’ve patterned a pareddown windproof shell jacket for essential protection and brought it firmly into the ASSOS stable at a very fair price point.
The ultimate just in case wind jacket: Blitzjacket MILLE GT from ASSOS
Now a key piece for ASSOS in-house test team, they have employed the Foil Ultra textile on the front that they have borrowed from other race-tuned, year-round pieces in the climaX range. The sides have been revised to incorporate the high stretch and breathability of our Glossy textile. ASSOS also patterned an all-new dual layer construction in the neck to improve elasticity and comfort while riding.
Those same cyclists who never leave without a windproof shell also value packability, which demands a product that can easily be stowed in your pocket while riding. The blitzJacket MILLE GT meets those demands. Cut in our regularFit, this is a comfort-focused, easy-to-throw-on piece for essential protection, minimal volume and maximum performance.
This piece has been designed to give you crucial protection during cooler moments on your ride, such as rolling out before the sun has risen, starting a chilly descent or merely being prepared for dips in the temperature. Its design is incredibly low volume, meaning this shell jacket is ultra packable for stowing in your jersey pocket.
Features - Blitzjacket MILLE GT Shell Jacket
- Foil Ultra: A windproof, water-repellent, rip-stop, lightweight woven fabric consisting of 100% polyamide.
- Glossy: This warp-knit windproof textile comes to the fore on the side panels to provide stretch and breathability.
- Dual layer neck construction: To ensure your movement remains unhindered and comfortable while riding at a high exertion, there’s a double-layered construction on the neck to improve elasticity.
- Rustle-free: This piece of apparel has been designed to be as quiet as possible with a rustle-free fabric.
- DWR: As not every day comes with unbroken sunshine, we’ve treated this product to our DWR (Durable Water Repellency) to protect you from rainfall.
- Full-length zip: For on-the-fly outfit tuning, this piece sports a full-length zip to add flexibility and versatility to your ride. Put it on when needed.
- ultra lightweight, ultra packable: This approach involves minimal volume and minimal seams.
- Collection : Mille GT Shells → ASSOS Unisex Shells
- Temperature Range : All year round
- ASSOS Clima Range : All Season
- Fit : Slim Fit (ASSOS regularFit)
A body mapped performance fit that is a little less aggressive than ASSOS' racingFit. The best of both worlds, wearability and speed converging.
AEPD (Advanced Ergonomic Pattern Design)
Stand for the company's know-how, experience and philosophy on how a garment should be tailored to function in the cyclist's position. ASSOS garments are designed to perfectly fit and adhere to the body, in other words, to respect the anatomy of the cycling body. High-tech fabrics are pointless if cut "wrong"!
ALS (ASSOS Layering System)
Less is more. The entire ASSOS collection is conceptualized around this technology. ASSOS apparel is engineered with minimum volume, taking advantage of the body's natural heating/cooling capacities by insulating intelligently through pro-active layering. Both fabrics and garments have chain functions and are cut to complement each other. Everything fits like a puzzle; technically as well as aesthetically. It is up to each cyclist to follow the climate range guidelines and to experiment with the different ASSOS garments in order to find the perfect personal outfit for each specific riding season.