Specialized - Airnet
Classic styling meets MIPS patented protection in Specialized's Airnet, having received a makeover for 2019. Aerodynamics, light weight and superb ventilation all come together to give you unrivalled road performance.
Loosely based upon the leather 'hairnets' that cyclists used to wear before protection was a priority, Specialized took their ventilation and classic style and incorporated them into a modern helmet design that combines all the key features of a top of the range helmet. In the helmet world, there's a time-old unwritten rule that many designs seem to follow: aerodynamics, weight, aesthetics, and ventilation. You can pick two of the four, and there's your helmet. However, the designers at Specialized have completed discarded of the rule book, choosing instead to innovate. That is how the Airnet came to be.
Find out more about MIPS & ANGi by clicking here >
- Ultra-light Mindset HairPort micro-dial fit system with height adjustability for the perfect fit
- 4th Dimension Cooling System with deep internal channels, large vents, and aligned exhaust ports
- Composite matrix internal reinforcement allows larger vents for enhanced cooling
- Vent grippers integrated at the front and rear for secure eyewear storage
- drirelease® Merino wool pads for increased comfort and sweat/ temperature management
- Thin, soft, and lightweight 4X DryLite webbing won’t stretch out with sweat or water
- Tri-Fix web splitter for improved comfort and ease of strap adjustments
- Instrap webbing system for ultra-light construction and security
- Reflective decals for increased visibility to motorists in low-light conditions