Assos - Skinfoil NS Summer
The foundation of the Assos layering systemA long-sleeved Assos skinFoil base layer is the ultimate foundation for summer bike rides with added protection from the sun’s rays.
Based on feedback from BMC Racing Team riders, Assos have constructed an even lighter skinFoil option for the year’s hottest days and most strenuous situations. The seamless construction ensures that all of the Assos baselayers have a pleasing, nonrestrictive, total comfort fit. The textile has not been knitted using flatbed technology; instead it is spun on tubular machines, much like socks, which gives the skinFoils a better fit, improved performance and more comfort.
The Assos skinFoils have been engineered to react to your intensity of sweating and the subsequent cooling effect with what Assos calls a push-pull effect that works as your personal micro-climate, essentially pushing moisture to the next or outer layer to cool you down when hot, or pulling it back as insulation when cold. Assos' high performance jerseys and jackets may not reach their performance potential if your first layer does not function properly, hence the engineering that Assos have put into what many would deem a simple item of clothing.
This is the lightest skinFoil baselayer in the Assos family and has been designed specifically to target the hottest days of the year based on direct feedback from BMC Racing Team riders - just look at the climbs and the temperatures they face at the Giro and the Vuelta and you’ll understand why there’s a need.
All Assos skinfoils are intended to be worn directly on your skin, underneath your bibs and jersey. The skinFoil operates optimally after it becomes slightly wet when riding. This is a good sign because the skinFoil fibres use this humidity as an insulator or coolant to help keep you comfortable. Assos skinFoils are unisex, and they don’t dictate which skinFoil to wear in what season; the choice is dependent on the intensity of your ride, your unique body and your fitness level. Ultimately, these are pieces for fine-tuning your outfit.
Features of the Skinfoil NS Summer Base Layer
- Transport mesh: A new technology for summer skinFoils that increases breathability and speeds up the push-pull effect.
- Seamless tubular knitting technology: the meticulously calibrated yarn matrix is spun on tubular machines, much like a sock.
- Polypropylene fiber blend: with non-absorbent, wicking properties, this antistatic and antibacterial blend ensures excellent moisture management and climate regulation while keeping the weight of the product down to a minimal and comfort to the maximum.
- regularFit / unisex: Relying on the Campionissimo AEPD (the Advanced Ergonomic Pattern Design), Assos have adopted the tubular seamless construction to guarantee a cosy fit thanks to extreme elasticity.
- Hem construction: minimal seams for maximum comfort.
- bodyMap: Depending on the body area, the fabric has different thicknesses, structure and elasticity, which works to enhance its performance, breathability and moisture management.
Material 93% polypropylene, 4% elastane, 3% polyamide