Trek - Madone SL 6 Aero
Madone SL 6 disc carries forward the aerodynamic properties of other Madone models, but keeps the price down and the quality high.
Madone SL 6 disc is built using Trek's 500 series OCLV carbon with the same geometry and frame features as the high end models with a more affordable pricepoint carbon. Adjustable top tube Isospeed gives the frame added compliance that you can tune to be stiffer or softer depending on your preferences, so you don't have to compromise your comfort to go fast.
The SL model has all the aerodynamic frame properties while retaining an ordinary stem and aerodynamic bar combination for extra adjustabilty. You can also easily fit neatly integrated aero bar extensions onto your handlebars for triathlons or time trials, and remove them again for group rides or road races. Neatly integrate your light or computer into the stem using Bontrager's revolutionary Blendr system, also seen on the seatmast for a rear light to be fitted.
Hydraulic disc brakes give you superior stopping power whatever the weather, whatever the conditions so you never have to worry about rain spoiling your ride. Better braking performance means more efficiency and more speed so you can beat your best times on tricky descents and corner faster than your rivals.
Shimanos Ultegra groupset provides an excellent shifting quality and has been proven for many years to be one of the best value for money groupsets on the market.
Bontrager's Aeolus 5 Comp wheelset is built on an aluminium rim with a carbon ferring, giving it great aerodynamic credentials without the high pricetag of a full carbon wheel. Stable in crosswinds, lightweight on climbs and speedy on the flats and descents.
- Frame - 500 Series OCLV Carbon
- Fork - Madone KVF full carbon
- Drivetrain - Shimano Ultegra 11 speed
- Brakes - Shimano Ultegra R8070 hydraulic disc
- Frame - 500 Series OCLV Carbon, KVF (Kammtail Virtual Foil) tube shape, adjustable top tube IsoSpeed, invisible cable routing, control center, micro-adjust seatmast, precision water bottle placement, 3S aero chain keeper, flat mount disc, Duo Trap S compatible, 142x12mm thru axle
- Fork - Madone KVF full carbon, tapered carbon steerer, invisible cable routing, flat mount disc, carbon dropouts, 12x100mm thru axle
- Number of Gears - 22
- Shifters - Shimano Ultegra R8020, 11 speed
- Chainset - Shimano Ultegra R8000, 50/34 (compact)
- Chainrings - 50/34T
- Cassette - Shimano Ultegra R8000, 11-28, 11 speed
- Chain - Shimano Ultegra HG701, 11 speed
- Front Derailleur - Shimano Ultegra R8000, braze-on
- Rear Derailleur - Shimano Ultegra R8000, short cage, 30T max cog
- Bottom Bracket - Trek BB90
- Pedals - Not included
- Rims - Bontrager Aeolus Comp 5 Disc, Tubeless Ready, 18mm rim width, 50mm rim depth
- Front Tyre - Bontrager R3 Hard-Case Lite, aramid bead, 120 tpi, 700x25c
- Rear Tyre - Bontrager R3 Hard-Case Lite, aramid bead, 120 tpi, 700x25c
- Front Brake - Shimano Ultegra R8070 hydraulic disc
- Rear Brake - Shimano Ultegra R8070 hydraulic
- Brake Levers - Shimano Ultegra R8070 hydraulic disc
- Handlebars - Bontrager Elite Aero VR-CF, alloy, 31.8mm, invisible cable routing
- Grips - Bontrager Supertack Perf tape
- Headset - Madone integrated, stainless cartridge bearings, sealed, 1-3/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Stem - Bontrager Pro, 31.8mm, Blendr compatible, 7 degree
- Saddle - Bontrager Aeolus Comp, steel rails
- Seatpost - Madone aero carbon seatmast cap, integrated light mount, 25mm offset
- Weight - 56cm - 8.63kgs