Trek - CHECKPOINT AL 3
Fast & Fun!The Checkpoint is Trek's true Gravel platform for effortless miles of cobblestone, dirt roads and treacherous gravel roads.
It comes with a range of features that make it ready for any adventure: ample tire clearance and countless mounting options for flexibility.
In this configuration the 200 Series Alpha Aluminium disc frame comes with the Shimano Sora 2x9-speed drivetrain, Bontrager Tubeless Ready wheelset with Bontrager R1 Hard-Case Lite tires and Bontrager alloy parts.
- 200 Series Alpha Aluminium - Trek's high-performance road alloy, formed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight.
- Gravel Geometry - As befits the world's most advanced endurance racing bikes, Trek have developed the world's most stable racing geometry. Still racy, but with a slightly higher head tube for better stability and greater comfort through the entire ride.
- 45 mm tire clearance - The standard 35 mm tire meets the wishes of many riders, but with different tire widths the bike can quickly be given a different characteristic. Those who are on the road on limestone chippings and asphalt roads will like stable and smooth running 28 mm slicks, while dedicated fans of gravel roads can mount tyres up to 45 mm wide in order to master even particularly rugged and bumpy tracks.
- Bottle Mounts - Two drinking bottles can be placed in the frame triangle on the mounts on the seat tube and down tube, or two bottles can be mounted at a depth so that there is enough room for one frame pocket. On the underside of the down tube there is room for another bottle holder.
- Rack Mounts - The lowrider mounts on the fork make it possible to mount a front carrier with bags. Rear rack mounts open up additional loading options for the multi-day tour.
- 12 mm Thru-Axles - A 12 mm front and rear thru axle makes steering more precise and offers a stiffer rear.
- Flat Mount Disc Brake - All-new flat mount disc brakes are more elegant, lighter, smaller and cleaner than traditional disc brakes, providing superior performance and stopping power under harsh conditions.
- Asymmetric E2 Steerer - Trek's E2 asymmetric fork/steering tube gives you the best of both worlds: lateral rigidity for precision cornering, plus vertical compliance to absorb road imperfections.
- E2 Head Tube and Fork - Trek's E2 head tube tapers from a 1.5" lower to a 1-1/8" upper, for the lateral rigidity of a 1.5" system without the added weight. Maximum power transfer and more stiffness under cornering loads adds up to a more powerful and confident ride.
- BB86.5 - Wide, stiff press-fit bottom bracket improves pedaling performance for exhilarating acceleration.
- Vanishing Fender Mounts - Discreet mounts accommodate full-coverage fenders for added utility.