Speedplay - Zero Pave Stainless
Product DescriptionZero Pavé
The Zero Pavé is Speedplay’s minimalist, race-tuned design built specifically to handle the harsh and unpredictable conditions of the legendary European cobbled classics. Based on Speedplay’s popular Zero pedal technology, Pavé pedals shave non-essential material to ensure entry and release in wet and dirty environments. Originally developed for Speedplay’s professional cycling teams, Zero Pavé pedals have been thoroughly tested and proven over the years with numerous victories in the world’s toughest races including Paris-Roubaix, Tour of Flanders, Gent Wevelgem and Strade Bianche.Key features:
- The symmetrical double-sided pedal self-locates just by stepping down into the cleat whether the pedal is right side up, upside down or anywhere else in its rotation. No kicking, no fumbling, no looking; just step down and go.
Your choice of micro-adjustable float or a fixed position:
- The Zero Pavé allows rotational float to be precisely micro-adjusted to the exact range needed or set in a fixed-position anywhere within the 15-degree adjustment range.
All three foot-axis adjustments can be set independently of one another:
- No other pedal system offers the precise adjustment or convenience of independently adjustable fore-aft, side-to-side, and rotational foot positions. Unlike the inexact set-up of traditional cleats, each of the three critical foot-axis adjustments of Zero Pavé cleats can be set or changed without affecting the position of the other two adjustments. This feature also eliminates guesswork and misalignment when replacing cleats.
The lowest stack height:
The Zero Pavé cleat positions your foot closer to the top of the spindle for improved power transfer.
- 8.5 mm stack height for 4-hole mounting
- 11.5 mm stack height for 3-hole mounting
Unbeatable cornering clearance:The thin pedal profile of the Zero Pavé pedal lets you power through corners where your rivals coast.
- Stainless - 37 degrees
Large, stable pedaling platform:
- The Zero Pavé Pedal System gives the same solid connection as conventional single-sided pedals, but with Speedplay's unique, inverted design the cleat gives the platform once the cleat is engaged.
Quality without compromise:
- Zero Pavé pedals use precision cartridge and needle bearings - three of them instead of two found in most other pedals - which allows the Zero Pavé to be thinner for a lower stack height, better cornering clearance, and reduced aerodynamic drag. Like all Speedplay Pedal Systems, the locking edges of Zero Pavé pedals and cleats are metal-on-metal for durability and safety, unlike our competitors who use engagement edges made of plastic.
- The Zero Pavé cleat fits any shoe with a 3-hole or 4-hole mount.
- A built-in grease port for easy bearing lubrication.
True locking mechanism:
- The Zero Pavé’s locking mechanism does not rely on spring tension for security, so entering and exiting Zero Pavé pedals is easy, but unintended release is virtually impossible.
- Stainless pedal each - 115g
- Zero Pavé cleats per pair: 82g/130g*
*Weights for 4-hole/3-hole mounting.
Note: The Zero Pavé is not recommended for Cyclocross or Mountain Bike riding.Note: Zero Pavé pedals are not compatible with Speedplay Light Action and X-Series cleats. Zero Pavé cleats are not compatible with Light Action and X-Series pedals.
The Zero Pavé Pedal System is for you if:
- You enjoy riding in mixed terrain environments, road, gravel, or cobbles
- You demand a high performance pedal in wet and dirty conditions
- You expect to walk on un-paved surfaces
Speedplay Zero Pavé Stock Spindle Lengths
- Stainless - 53mm
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.