Specialized - S-Works Diverge
The Specialized Diverge S-Works is the ultimate versatile, lightweight and adaptable road bike. 1x simplicity for your more ambitious plans off the beaten track. the Diverge can cruise to work in style or take you on multi-day bikepacking adventures. The full carbon frame and fork are light enough for sportives yet strong enough to load up with bags using the rack and mudguard mounts. This bike features the Future Shock suspension under the stem, giving 20mm of travel to take the sting out of any bumps without effecting corning and handling ability. Wide tyres, hydraulic disc brakes and solid component choice only solidify this bikes ambition and adaptability.
- Specialized FACT 11r carbon frame
- FACT Carbon fork gives precision steering
- High performance Roval CLX 32 carbon wheels
- Future shock gives 20mm of progressive travel to soak up bumps
- Shimano 1x11 Dura-Ace Di2/XTR drivetrain provides the ultimate gearing
- Shimano Dura-Ace hydraulic disc brakes offer consistent stopping power
- Clearance for 42c tyres for comfort on and off the road
- Endurance geometry for comfort at speed
- Sizes: 48, 52, 54, 56, 58, 61cm
- Colours: Satin Carbon/Gloss Black
- The Specialized Diverge S-Works is available with 0% APR finance
Specialized Diverge Review
While real fun starts where the road ends, you still need a bike that'll get you there—one bike that shreds flowy singletrack and crushes through road miles with equal authority. And sure, some have tried to make their 'cross bikes more "road-capable" (whatever that means), and others have made their road bikes more "adventure-ready," but we created one bike that makes no compromises between the two. The S-Works Diverge redefines the possibilities for adventure on a drop-bar bike.
The Diverge is more capable than ever. And with the constant goal to best meet your needs, we took your number one request into account—tyre clearance. The new frame will comfortably fit up to 700x42mm (or 650b x 47mm) tyres with plenty of room for mud, too. Along with tyre clearance, weight was a large factor in the development, and taking some design cues from the development of the Roubaix, we developed a sub 900-gram FACT 11r carbon frame that's one of the lightest in the category. Actually, it's pretty damn light, even if your intent was more Polka Dot Jersey than hunter's plaid flannel.
Next up, we moved away from a traditional 'cross geometry, instead opting for something that hasn't been seen before—our Open Road Geometry. You can think of it as a road version of modern trail bike geometry. It provides playful handling and predictable steering for endless dirt skids and mid-corner drifts. The geo features a bottom bracket that's over a half-centimetre lower than the previous Diverge, a slacked-out head tube angle, short chainstays, and a short wheelbase. These changes make for a bike that's not only fun in the dirt, but also performs well on the road.
And while riding gravel and dirt roads on a road bike may add to the adventure, there's only so much that wider tyres with lower pressures can absorb, in terms of bumps. With this in mind, we implemented a new version of our Future Shock into the Diverge design. It not only soaks up bumps with ease, but also adds the benefit of extremely predictable handling. That's because the wheelbase isn't lengthening when you hit a bump, so the front end of the Diverge keeps the same effective head tube angle. In other words, when you dive hard into a turn, you won't be surprised by under-steer or sloppy handling. Unlike the original Future Shock (found on the Roubaix), the Diverge's version features a progressive spring that makes this technology more suitable for off-road applications, where stiffer suspension is often needed to soak-up larger bumps and obstacles.
To add to its multifaceted talents, we topped it off with three water bottle mounts, mounts for racks and fenders, and our Road SWAT™ kit that fits a tube, CO2, CO2 head, valve extender, and money clip. So while it's one of the most smile-inducing bikes you'll ever ride, it's equally adept at commuting or even bikepacking. We handpicked the spec for the lightest, most unique build on any adventure bike. We left the shifting and braking up to Shimano, but did so in a non-traditional way. We paired an XTR Di2 derailleur with R785 Di2 shifters and hydraulic-disc brakes. We then added an Easton EC90 SL Carbon crankset, featherweight Roval CLX 32 Disc wheels, and topped it off with our carbon Command Post XCP that features 35mm of travel.
- The S-Works FACT 11r carbon frame features our adventure-bound Open Road Geometry, Future Shock Progressive suspension with 20mm of travel, and front/rear thru-axles, making it the ultimate tool for your next adventure.
- The lightweight S-Works FACT carbon fork is plenty stiff, aiding in handling, stiffness, and an overall light weight.
The Roval CLX 32 wheelset has the perfect balance of light weight, durability, and aerodynamics. It's stiff enough for sprinting, strong enough for abuse, and its CeramicSpeed bearings keep things silky-smooth.
All Tredz bikes are:
- Fully built & ready to ride
- Fully checked & tested by Cytech qualified mechanics
- Available with 0% APR finance (up to 48 months) on any basket over £99
- UK price match guarantee
- 365 day no hassle returns
- Free delivery in the UK Mainland on a date that suits you
In the box with every Tredz bike is:
- Free Tredz 9 key trail tool
- Free Tredz pedal spanner
- Free basic pedals
- Tredz drawstring kit bag
- 16 point quality control check sheet
- Basic bike setup instructions
- Free Cycle Plan insurance voucher (8 weeks)
Occasionally without notice, manufacturers sometimes change product specifications.