Fox - Rocky Mountain Altitude Powerplay Carbon 90 27.5 Electric
A lightweight carbon frame and completely unique motor and battery system sets the Rocky Mountain Altitude Powerplay Carbon 90. The Powerplay drivetech was designed completely inhouse, giving Rocky Mountain the freedom to make the bike exactly how they want, delivering the same geometry as the non-electric Altitude. Fox Factory suspension front and rear and SRAM’s ebike-specific EX1 groupset and RE disc brakes give complete control on the mountain, and the huge 632 Watt/Hr battery means you have enough juice to go all day long.
- SMOOTHWALL™ Carbon frame with RIDE-9™ Adjustable Geometry + Suspension Rate
- Fox Float DPS EVOL Factory shock controls the 150mm travel
- Fox 36 Float EVOL FIT4 Factory has 160mm travel to smoothen the trails
- SRAM EX1 electric bike specific drivetrain gives 8 perfectly spaced gears
- SRAM Guide RE electric bike specific brakes are powerful and reliable stoppers
- Fox Transfer dropper post makes descending easy
- Rocky Mountain Carbon rims are matched to DT Swiss wheels are gives robust and lightweight rolling
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, X Large
- Colours: Yellow/Green
- The Rocky Mountain Altitude Powerplay Carbon 90 is available with 0% APR Finance
- Motor: 250 W / 48V Powerplay Drive
- Battery: Li-Ion 632 Watt/Hr
- Display: Handlebar switch
Ride more, further, faster. The Altitude Powerplay brings cutting-edge power to an aggressive trail bike, and opens the door to amazing terrain for all.
Introducing a fully integrated, electric-assist mountain bike that takes our Altitude’s legendary handling and ride quality and adds a compact, powerful drive system. The new Powerplay™ drive system was designed in parallel with the frame, delivering ultra-short chainstays, optimised suspension kinematics, super-low centre of gravity, and class-leading torque. The result is an e-MTB that actually rides like a proper mountain bike—perfect for everything from self-shuttling all mountain trails, finding flow between the descents, and squeezing in power lunch rides.
It’s an Altitude
The Altitude Powerplay has the same geometry and suspension performance as the unassisted Altitude platform. It is the first e-MTB that features true aggressive trail ride feel.
Next generation drive system
The Powerplay™ drive system was designed from the ground up to allow true mountain bike performance, while providing class-leading torque, massive battery capacity, and ultra quiet operation.
Intuitive pedal assist
An in-line torque sensor provides smooth, instant power response, making for an intuitive, natural ride with no learning curve. Get on and go.
Charge fast, then charge hard
The 48v motor provides super short charge times, taking only two hours to reach 80% capacity of the available 632Wh lithium ion battery.
Easily serviceable components, with both replacement parts and strong dealer service support in Europe.
Made in Canada
Powerplay™ drive Frame Construction
Designed by us in Canada, the Powerplay™ drive system is a sleek, lightweight, and powerful electric assist that pushes the boundaries of electric bikes. Its compact, low-mounted motor allows us to design electric mountain bikes to our suspension and handling standards—with proper geometry and ideal pivot placement. The system provides class-leading torque, ultra quiet operation, instant power response, and super fast charging.
Smoothwall™ carbon Frame Construction
Smoothwall™ carbon uses one of the world’s most sophisticated carbon processes to deliver industry leading stiffness-to-weight, ride quality, and durability. We eliminate excess resin and fibers by using rigid internal molds instead of traditional air bladders. We then utilize different types of carbon in specific frame areas to maximize stiffness and impact resistance while minimizing overall weight.
Size Specific tune Suspension
Size Specific Tune ensures that riders of all sizes get the right balance of small-bump compliance, mid-stroke support, and end-stroke progressiveness. Our design team does custom shock tunes based on real world field testing, and adjusts each tune for specific frame sizes.
RIDE-9™ adjustment system Geometry
The RIDE-9™ adjustment system allows riders to quickly fine-tune their geometry and suspension with a pair of Allen keys. Nine configurations are possible thanks to two interlocking chips.
Smoothlink™ suspension Suspension
Smoothlink™ suspension is efficient yet supple when you’re on the pedals and across a wide range of gears. It features a controlled end-stroke and a rate-curve that feels more capable than the travel would suggest. This four-bar suspension design philosophy is centred on ride characteristics; each bike platform we develop balances variables like anti-squat, axle path, chain growth, rate curve, anti-rise, etc. to achieve the legendary Rocky Mountain ride feel.
All Tredz bikes are:
- Fully built & ready to ride
- Fully checked & tested by Cytech qualified mechanics
- Available with 0% APR finance (up to 48 months) on any basket over £99
- UK price match guarantee
- 365 day no hassle returns
- Free delivery in the UK Mainland on a date that suits you
In the box with every Tredz bike is:
- Free Tredz 9 key trail tool
- Free Tredz pedal spanner
- Free basic pedals
- Tredz drawstring kit bag
- 16 point quality control check sheet
- Basic bike setup instructions
- Free Cycle Plan insurance voucher (8 weeks)
Occasionally without notice, manufacturers sometimes change product specifications.