Genesis Croix de Fer 20 Adventure
The legendary Croix de Fer 20 is a genre-defying, steel-framed drop-bar bike that may just be all the bike you need.
Carefully upgraded for 2015 so as not to upset its winning formula, the Genesis Croix de Fer 20 is a now-legendary steel-framed "adventure-cross" bike. With better spec and features than ever, the Croix 20 will take all the adventure you can throw at it, from weekday commuting to multi-terrain touring.
Key upgrades for 2015
- Tweaked frame geometry (lowered bottom bracket, lengthened headtube), for a less 'perched,' more accessible riding position
- Increased gear range (11-32T cassette) to cope with more adventurous riding
- Comfier curved fork blades
- Upgraded TRP HyRd hydraulic-powered disc brakes
- Lighter, better-looking chainset
Croix de Fer 20 - standout features
- Reynolds 725 Chromoly frame - heat-treated to boost tensile strength. Stronger means less is needed, giving a lighter overall frame weight
- Rack & mudguard ready - generous clearances and eyelets for full-length mudguards and a rear rack
- TRP HyRd disc brakes - revolutionary brake setup combining traditional cable actuation with hydraulic power, so you enjoy all the benefits of hydraulic braking (good power and modulation, self-centring pads, minimal maintenance) without the expensive dedicated hydraulic shifter setup
- 32T low gear - the Shimano Tiagra rear derailleur is maxxed out with an 11-32T cassette for 2015, giving you a smaller climbing gear to help with laden voyages into the unknown