Symbolic picture: For illustrative purposes the product is shown in another color or variation.
The Cosmic name is all about the perfect balance between aerodynamics, weight and ride quality – to improve speed on the flat but also to keep weight down for the climbs. This balance makes it the perfect entry point into the world of high-level race wheels for many riders. Also the 6-bolt version features the added benefits of Mavic's Road UST Tubeless technology and a wider rim for enhanced aerodynamic performance and ride quality.
Continuous wind tunnel research and testing has resulted in a 30 mm deep and 23 mm wide rim that now complies with the NACA requirement for maximum aerodynamic performance. And as with all Mavic aluminium rims, it benefits from their long experience of designing light yet strong rim extrusions. This time Mavic carefully tuned the thickness of the rim wall to hit the sweet spot between stiffness, strength and weight, so it remains dynamic and easy to climb with. This SUP welded rim is then laced with steel bladed Straightpull spokes that are stronger than traditional J bent spokes. To reinforce the wheels for disc brakes, Mavic increased the spoke count to 24.
The rear wheel uses the lightweight, fast engaging Instant Drive 360 hub mechanism. Delivered for 12 x 142 mm dropouts, it can be also converted to regular quick release (adapters not included). For 6 bolt brake discs.
Mavic's Road UST Tubeless technology used on the Cosmic Elite improves rolling efficiency, comfort and puncture protection. The Yksion Pro UST tires complement perfectly the aerodynamic qualities of the wheels by featuring a 127 TPI casing and a light weight of just 260 grams (25 mm version).
Mavic Road UST Tubeless technology
By combining their knowledge of wheels and tires, Mavic was able to perfect the symbiotic relationship between the tire bead and the rim hook to offer a system that is not only fast on the road and easy to maintain, but also 100 % reliable so you can focus on one thing - your ride. Fast in line and quick through the turns
All-new rubber compound achieves the best balance of grip and low rolling resistance. Safe and easy to use
Patented UST technology ensures the perfect union between tire and wheel, ensuring easy installation and removal. Smoother ride and more puncture resistant
Ride with lower pressure for increased comfort and reduced risk of pinch flats.
Technologies of the Mavic Cosmic Elite UST Disc WTS wheels: SUP (Soudé Usiné Process)
- A welded and milled rim joint which is extremely strong, eliminates shuddering when braking and offers superior wheel balance. QRM Auto (Qualité de Roulements Mavic Auto)
- Mavic's latest innovation. Those cartridge bearings are double sealed with C3 internal clearance. Their preload is automatically adjusted to guarantee a perfect spin with no play on the long run. Instant Drive 360
- The Instant Drive 360 freewheel system is super light and fast to engage with only 9°. A large contactless rubber seal provides low friction, while a wide array of end caps makes it super versatile.
Features of the Yksion Pro UST folding tires: Low rolling resistance and extra speed
Easy to use and repair
- No more friction between tire and tube.
- The exclusive 11 Storm compound reaches the best balance of grip and low rolling resistance.
- Lighter than clincher tire + tube combo.
Improved comfort with high flat protection
- Perfect match guaranteed with Mavic UST Wheel-System.
- Tight control over beads diameter and stiffness.
- Kevlar beads stretches just enough for easier mounting.
- Lower recommended tire pressure with no risk of pinch flats.
- Just 30 grams of sealant prevents most puncture.
Mavic Care manufacturer's warranty:
The Mavic Care program offers you the opportunity to activate a 2 year warranty for all Mavic wheels purchased new from 2016 onwards. For certain wheels you can extend that warranty by 1 year to a total of 3 years free of charge. An overview of those wheels can be foundhere . With the registration to Mavic Care you're also eligible for Mavic's Crash Replacement Program.
To sign up for Mavic Care or receive more information about it, please use the following link or ask our service team.
Mavic Care manufacturer's warranty Maintenance/care:
Clean with a dry cloth or soap and water. Do not use pressurized water.