Ultimate hardtail speed machine!
CUBE wanted to make something a bit special with their Reaction TM. After all, it's the pinnacle of the Reaction range - so it made sense to them to pull out all the stops. They began by giving it some serious technical trail ability with 2.6" tires and a 130 mm Fox 34 Rhythm fork with Boost axle. Sure, that's a bit fatter and a bit longer than you'd normally find on a bike built for speed, but CUBE figured that you wouldn't want a few rocks to get in the way. Then they added a Shimano XT 1x11-speed transmission and Magura MT Trail hydraulic disc brakes with four pistons at the front and two at the rear, for smooth and seamless stop-and-go ability. It all just... works. The whole lot, bolted to CUBE's new-for-2018 Reaction frameset, makes for the ultimate trail-taming - or race-winning - hardtail. It's your decision.
A bike built for speed needs to fulfill three criteria. It must be stiff, it must be light, and it must be comfortable. To improve on CUBE's Reaction frame's already superb rigidity their design team equipped the 2018 version with a thru axle at the rear. Combined with the tapered headtube - fitted with a fully integrated, sealed bearing headset - it makes for a frame that steers so accurately, it's almost as though it's linked directly to your brain. Naturally, all that torsional rigidity also makes for rapid forward progress. Double butted, mechanically formed 6061 aluminium tubes shave weight where it's not needed, so you can be sure there isn't a single unnecessary gramme. And to improve comfort - and, ultimately, speed - the slender stays and slim seatpost help keep trail shock to a minimum. Finish off with neat internal cable routing, including for a dropper post, and you've got the ultimate hardtail speed machine.
- Aluminium Lite - 6061 aluminium alloy requires a heat treatment for the finished product. It is a stiff, very corrosion resistant, fatigue resistant, high-elongation material suitable for light tubesets with high stiffness.
- Advanced Hydroforming - Conventional hydroforming processes cannot achieve these custom shapes and technical advantages. As this manufacturing method reduces the number of welds, the weight is reduced while durability is increased.
- Agile Ride Geometry - CUBE ran innumerable tests to develop the Agile Ride Geometry in CUBE's series of big wheel bikes. They also added the 27.5" wheel size to the very well received portfolio. Three important details lead to the very agile character. Increased fork offsets let CUBE achieve the same trail as their 26" bikes without having to steepen the head angle, thus maintaining generous toe clearance to the front wheel. Secondly they shortened the chain stays without compromising the seat angle. CUBE invented a patented construction to mount the front derailleur to give them more tire clearance while keeping a conventional seat angle, leading to a perfect riding position for every rider size. Last but not least they kept the BB height the same as on their 26" bikes. These measures lead to a natural riding position. Every mountain biker will feel immediately at home on a CUBE 29er or 27.5".
- Stealth Ready - Dropper seat posts are getting more and more widespread, but to integrate them optimally in the frame, they have to be factory fitted. With the Stealth Ready frames, it is possible to build in a dropper seat post with internally routed cables, which besides the clean look, helps prevent any cables getting jammed. The exit of the cable on the frame if not required will be sealed with a cover for protection.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. CUBE use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.