halo - Aerotrack Rear Wheel
Product DescriptionAerotrack 700c Wheels
- Using the outstanding Halo (120mm width) track hubs and built using 32 plain 14 gauge spokes combined with the Halo Aerotrack Mid size Aero road rim.
- Light and strong with an attractive mid size 27mm Aero section.
One front and many rear options.
- Front - 900g
- Rear - 956g
Aerotrack Fix-G Wheels:
- Featuring Halo's ever popular Aerotrack 700c rims laced to the Fix-G HG-splined fixed hub.
- Innovation meets reliability in the form of these 700c, 120mm spaced rear wheels.
- Available in White powder coated, Silver or Black, with Fix-G/Freewheel or Fix-G/Fixed hub options.
Halo Fix-G Track Hub:
An ever present headache with normal fixed hubs is the assembly of a drive cog that is attached by a thread being pulled in both directions by the pedal torque. Of course, the traditional solution to avoiding the cog unwinding itself from the hub in the reverse direction is a left hand threaded lock-ring, butted up tight against the cog. But, as many riders have found out, this historic system can be relatively volatile.
Halo thought... there has to be a better way:
- A splined hub body (with cogs that slide on) and an independent lock-ring that never has to handle rotational forces from the drive.
Halo Fix-G hub:
- The Halo Fix-G hub features a fixed HG spline, machined as part of the alloy main hub body*, with a conventional internal thread for a standard HG type lock-ring (with easy tool fittings). Options available for the left hand side include conventional fixed or freewheel threads.
*Note: Must ONLY ever be used with 7mm base 'Wide Foot' cogs such as Gusset 'Double Six' cogs to avoid the cog biting into the alloy splines on the hub. Regular width HG cogs should NEVER be used.
Halo Fix-G advantages:
- Easy and secure fixing & servicing.
- Adjustable chain-line.
- Twin cog option (can run 2 cogs together.)
- Accepts from 12T + cogs (for compact gearing).
- No need for chain-whip tools.
- Hi-polish custom CNC machined hub shell,
- HG type fixed spline.
- Japanese sealed bearings.
- Hollow M10 Cr-Mo axle.
- 120mm spacing.
- 22mm "Large cone-faces" to avoid damage to frame.
- includes cog spacers and alloy lock-ring.
- Front Axle Thread 9x1.
- Rear Axle Thread 10x1.
- Laser logo. 32H, 36H or 48H
- HG Fixed/Fixed or HG Fixed/Freewheel types.
"The Fix-g hub is great! it runs smoothly as the previous Halo hub but the fact that you can move the sprocket for a perfect chain-line is great and you can feel the difference straight away. Also, it's really easy to do, everyone can do it without a mechanic's help, I think you should advertise this and make it clear for everyone, people don't have to be scared of a new technology"
Ivan Fiorilla - 5th Floor riding club - London. The5thfloor.co.uk
Important note regarding threads for fixed sprocket lock-rings:
- Our hubs must only be used with ISO standard 1.29" x 24TPi L/H fixed cog lock-rings.
- Do NOT USE French (1.32" x 24TPi) or Italian (33 x 1mm) standard lock-rings.
- The larger diameter French and Italian lock-rings may appear to work but will strip the threads from the ISO hub.
Note: General Fixed sprocket check.
- For correct fixed use, the fixed sprocket should NEVER move on the hub when pedal force is applied in both directions. If the sprocket moves, then something is wrong and continued use with a fixedsprocket that moves will result in damage to the hub.